Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Where to shop

Good Morning!  I am often asked where I shop for perennials, annuals etc.  The answer  is it largely depends on what I am looking for.  For perennials & ornamental grasses out here in the South Western suburbs, my favorite place to shop is The Planter's Palette in Winfield IL.  I love this place!!!  I have bought plants from there professionally as a plant buyer and I use to work there.  So I can tell you the have the best and biggest selection of perennials in Chicago, over 2000 varieties of perennials!   I also love that they grow all their own plants.  A lot of retail garden centers are just re-sellers of plants. 

For those of you in the Chicago area that live up on the North Shore-Home Sweet Home-  the best place to go is Pasquesi's Home & Garden. Full disclosure, I also use to work at Pasquesi's many years ago.  And I went to high school with the Pasquesi's, a good family with a great business.  

My friends in the city should check out Gethsemane Garden Center, Sprout Home, City Escape Garden Center & Fertile Gardens.

These are the places that I go for plants. 

Good Luck & Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment