Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sharing Perennials


Good Morning! I am going gardening at a friend's house today and I am bringing her perennial divisions from My Gardener's garden.  It made me think I should give some fair warning to some less experienced gardeners about what freebies you should accept for your perennial gardens and which ones you should avoid like the plagues that they are.  I've posted pictures of two notoriously invasive perennials, Aegepodium podagrarium 'Variegatum' a.k.a,  'Snow in the Mountain' and Lysimachia clethroides a.k.a 'Goose Neck Loosestrife' .  Before you accept any freebies, ask some questions and do some research.  Ask the common name and Google it or ask My Gardener or you could wind up with a perennial that will overrun your gardens!

Good Luck & Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment