Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Well it is a beautiful day in Chicago! The Sun is shining, the birds are singing, and we are suppose to get temperatures into themid50's today!!! I am going to finish cutting back my ornamental grasses and other perennial foliage I left up for Winter interest and of course fluff the leaf cover in my garden beds again. It is sooooo very tempting to remove that covering...but it's still too early to do so here. Do not succumb to the temptation we had a frost last night and we will definitely have more frost here in the Midwest in the weeks to come. Just fluff your mulch coverings for now and if these warmer temperatures stick around for another week or two we should be okay to at long last uncover our gardens to greet the Spring!
Enjoy the day wherever you are my gardening friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment