Sunday, March 7, 2010

Theme Gardens


Well Pardon My Garden. It's still too early and mucky outside to get into the garden to do any meaningful garden work so I thought I would start sharing some of the theme gardens I have come up with over the years. I have noticed that there are a lot of perennials named after movies and movie stars alike. Here are but a few for you to ponder. I have more, but I think I will dole them out in small groups. Here's a taste:

Alcea rosea ' Watchman'
Aster dumosus 'Peter Pan'
Aster dumosus ' Blue Lagoon'
Dianthus x. 'Little Boy Blue'
Delphinium x. 'Casa Blanca'
Delphinium x. 'Guinevere'
Festuca x. 'The Hobbitt'
Hemerocallis x. 'Pinnochio'
Hosta x. ' Rsiky Business'
Hosta x. ' Patriot'
Hosta x. 'Red October'
Hosta x. ' The Night Before Christmas'
Hosta x. 'Twilight'
Hosta x. 'Striptease'

No comments:

Post a Comment