Monday, March 1, 2010

March Madness

Well it is March!!! Count down to Spring is officially on! Which is exciting and frustrating. March can be a Gardener's torment. Spring IS coming,you can smell it in the air. The song birds are making their way back to their Northern Summer Grounds, the buds on Spring Flowering Ornamental Trees & Shrubs are swelling. Even the Morning is anxious, starting a little earlier each day.

But I know it won't really be Spring until two things happen. The first is St.Patrick's Day. For me, that's THE day. Once I have eaten my Corned Beef & Cabbage, had some Irish Soda Bread, some Whiskey and my Goodness My Guinness. That is Winter's Last Dance and Old Man Winter needs to B.I.O.D.T.L( Beat it on Down the Line)So I can get my Spring on!

The second thing is far less pleasant. The removal of the shellacking of shit that covers my yard. Turf and Beds a like. This Winter was long and Snowy, the kind that doesn't lend itself to mid Winter crap cleanup. The Snow just kept layering upon itself,and so did the crap. As the melt down continues, it's going to melt into a craptacular ooozing blanket of shit, reminiscent of " The Blob" from the old horror films. I'll scoop what I can, as I can. But I've been Gardening for far too long and I know that there will a layer that will simply not be scoopable and I will have to rake it up and out of the Turf and the Beds. My dog,Earl will look at me those cute Golden Retriever eyes that say " It's about time you cleaned my toilet!" And that my friends is when it will TRULY be Spring!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment