Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pardon My Garden for being so happy.  We got some more rain this morning & the garden is quite happy. 

By my count we've gotten about 3.5" of rain in the last week.  We certainly have needed it.  My water bill needed a break too.  Though I still maintain to Mr. My Gardener that it is cheaper to water than to replace plant material or turf if we let it die during this drought & heat wave.

This hasn't been a good Summer for garden projects because of the heat & drought.  This is the first time...maybe ever that I haven't divided & moved plants around almost daily.  It's been more of a try to keep it alive holding pattern this year.  All in all My Gardener's garden has come through the worst of it pretty well & keeping the garden watered & happy has been a full time job in and of itself.  I will have to plot & plan My Gardener's plant shuffle for next year.  I have a lot of plants that need dividing & moving as the trees have grown & the amount of sun in different parts of the garden has changed.  It will give me something to do this Winter I guess.

Happy gardening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment