Saturday, October 13, 2012

Well Pardon this Gardener as I have been slacking again on keeping up with the blog.

It was a hot, dry, drought filled Summer here in the Southwestern Suburbs of Chicago.  We spent more time over 100 degrees than I can ever remember in my life. 

My Gardener's garden made it through the heat & drought.  The lawn took a beating from the heat & the grubs this year.  Last year's warmer than usual Winter led to a bumper crop of insects in the garden this year.

We are still in a drought having gotten less than 2" of rain in September.   The temperatures are cooler than normal right now & the trees are losing their leaves quickly.  I am hoping we get some meaningful rain through November & that we get enough snowfall this Winter make up for our brutal Summer.

I am going to try to remember to post here at least once a week.

Keep on gardening!


No comments:

Post a Comment