Saturday, July 21, 2012

Good Morning!  Pardon My Garden for being so out of control despite the drought.  We have water restrictions here & I I follow them.  Even with the water restrictions I have managed to keep My Gardener's gardens alive & looking good.  During the worst part of the heat wave I took great pains to water each of my plants with the hose( I took the nozzle off) and let them soak in deep drinks.  Getting deep watering to the roots is what helped them survive the extreme heat ( almost 4 weeks at 95-105 degrees) & the lack of rain. 

My water bill went up a bit but I figure it's less expensive than replacing all my gardens & my lawn.  As you know if you follow my blog,we finally got almost 3" of rain the other day.  The ozone from the lightening & good rain perked all my plants up that much more.   It's a beautiful morning out so I'm going to go do some fussing & weeding in my gardens.  Have a great day & happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment