Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well I went home to Lake Bluff for the 4th of July.  It was the hottest 4th ever.  The temperature at 11 am was 100 degrees.  It got up to 104 yesterday. 

While I was home I took a tour of the gardens that My brother Matt & I have helped put in at the family homestead.  We've been working in those gardens for over 35 years now.  I was very happy to see that The Mighty Clem was still alive & in bloom despite the drought & heat wave.   The Mighty Clem is as old as I am. Which makes her a spry 42 yrs old.   I just wanted to share the a photo of her.  42 years old for any perennial is quite an accomplishment.  For one that was planted in the backyard of a home that raised 5 children & hosted as my Mom says, " a cast of thousands" over the years, that is no small feat.  So here's to you Mighty Clem.  I hope you and I both make it another 42 years or more!

No comments:

Post a Comment