Monday, April 5, 2010

Pardon My Garden, I'm expanding the Front bed

Well, Pardon My Garden!  I decided on Good Friday to scrape off the turf just South of our driveway and create a new perennial bed.  The house next door to our lot is for sale and I wanted to make sure that any prospective buyers didn't think their front yard was bigger than it was because the turf in front ran all the way up to our drive.  We also have one of the largest Hackberry Trees ( Celtis occidentalis) I've ever seen straddling the two lots and I didn't want any developer thinking my lot line or my tree were part of the neighboring lot.  Now that it's rained I will get the last of the turf out and start moving perennials into the new bed.   Up next, I am going to rehab my back yard perennial border.  By rehab I mean EVERY plant in the beds is coming out, getting divided and shared with neighbor's and friends( that's how I roll) and then I will put everything back into the beds in new places. Like rearranging the furniture if you will.  I think I will start that this week before I get too busy taking care of everyone else and their gardens for the Summer.  I will take before and after photos to share.
HAPPY GARDENING!

No comments:

Post a Comment