Friday, April 23, 2010

Here comes the rain...

Good Morning!  We are due to get rain all weekend here in Chicago.  We need it.  Every garden I have been in has been very dry.  The rain is suppose to hit our area later today.  So get out in your Gardens if  you can this morning! 

For my Garden friends that are not opposed to some chemical use in their perennial beds, if you haven't put down the Preen yet, do it before the rain hits!  All the trees flowered and have seeded very heavily and are just waiting in your garden with all the other weed seeds to explode into a riot of weeds in your perennial beds.

I NEVER use chemicals in Gardens where I am growing any kind of edibles.  I break out the hoe and clear out the weeds around veggies, herbs, or berries. 

Happy Gardening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment